After a career of writing technical brochures and annual reports and press material I turned to fiction in 2012.
It wasn’t easy learning to write fiction after writing like a scientist for decades. So I am learning and enjoying it.
I write short stories and flash fiction and I am getting better all the time. I enjoy entering competitions for short stories and flash fiction. My success rate is extremely low but I persevere.
To date, here are my accomplishments
- Short story longlisted for University of Sunderland creative writing competition Two Sentences of Turkish, (August 2016)
- Short story published in Infective Ink, Conflict in Coach B, (August 2016)
- Short story published in The Eildon Tree, No Afternoon Tea Thank You, (August 2016)
- Short story published in HCE magazine, Sperm Fraud, (April 2016)
- Short story published in The Opening Line Literary ezine, Is that Davey? (February 2016)
- Short story published in Henshaw anthology, Time to Flee, (September 2015)
- Winner, inaugural Crediton Short Story competition with Trapped (July 2015)
- Second prize in Henshaw press short story competition with Time to Flee (June 2014)
- Second prize in The River competition with Today is the the Day (June 2014)